Friday, January 26, 2007

Instant Pictures...not really


Tuyet and I grabbed breakfast this morning - just around the block. A yummy bowl of noodles with meat (fishballs, beef) and veggies (banana, greens, sprouts) and an iced soy drink. This was just one of many street shops available. Further down the road there were people selling fruit and veggies and meats. We went into a compact market area where we got 2 kilos of mangosteens (the seller spoke vietnamese the whole time
and seemed to want to give us his whole stash, which looked to be 3 kilos - I made a comment, and Tuyet seemed to work out that we wanted a little less than everything) and a few mangos. We passed on the asian pears until next time.

Across from Tuyet's place (different from where I visited her last year - her roomate, Patricia, just moved to Thailand to work in a refugee camp near the border to Myanmar), there is a temple. It has a nice garden area around it. She's got a really large room inside a house shared with 4 other people. And her guest bed is better than any bed I slept in in Australia! Sweet comfort.

I'm at RMIT now where I have access to Windows but can't download anything on to the computer from the net, nor can I log into read gmail. Sad. Oh, and apparently I can't upload the pictures from my camera. Grrr. Well, there are 2 lovely pictures to go along with the above paragraphs that I'll have to post later.

We each took a motorbike taxi (20,000 dong) to school. The ride was pleasant and I noticed a few people balancing some really large items - I'll have to video or take pictures next time, as it's quite amazing what people can transport. In a few days, I probably won't even do a double take if I see someone balancing a grand piano on the back.

No comments: