Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dogsitting

As I've mentioned, I spent last week dog sitting. I met this dog when I first got to Taiwan and then he ran away (well, the longer story puts the owner as being slightly negligent due to...well, let's say the influence of some friends...but let's just say the dog ran away). I didn't think he'd come back but nearly 2 months later and an animal shelter called my friend to let him know he'd been found - traceable thanks to the chip inside of him.

So Bargearse came back. He's named after a character by the same name in a TV show that was dubbed by a comedy group. My friend Becca calls him Badgers and I've taken to calling him Bodgy. His owner has an Australian accent and it sounds like "Bar Jazz" when he says it.

He's sometimes a trouble maker, like when in sight of other dogs or plastic bags moving in the wind. But overall, he's pretty well behaved, and his floppy ears and endearing way of being cute when expecting food or a walk make up for any wrong doing. He also spends time chasing his tail. It's one of the cutest things ever. He can do it for quite some time. Today he was going in such fast circles, I thought he was going to take flight! I haven't caught it on video though as his ears perk up when I or the camera make a sound.

No comments: