Saturday, December 15, 2007

Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies

Oh ya, last night I also baked cookies. Where I'm dogsitting has an oven so I'm taking advantage (they're very rare in Taiwan - it's only a very small sized one). It's the second time I've made them here and this time I took a picture of the results.




Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been making this version of cookies since high school. It provides a thick and soft cookie, just the way I like them. I usually put crushed walnuts in but this time used plumped craisins. I also use a recipe with reduced sugar and butter. The *ed items have been reduced from the original.
  • 1/2-3/4 cup packed brown sugar*
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar*
  • 1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • a dash of cinnamon (optional)
  • 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup craisins
  1. Beat sugars and butter in large bowl on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 min. Beat in vanilla and eggs; beat in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon on low speed. Stir in chocolate and nuts/craisins.
  2. Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Flatten slightly if you want a final smooth look.
  3. Bake at 375F/190C until edges are light brown, 11-14 minutes. Cool on grocery bags or paper towels (to soak up excess grease).
  4. Makes 20-40 cookies, depending on size.

1 comment:

taohsu said...

no pictures for a long time and ooh look the first picture is of food!