Friday, November 30, 2007

Home

I got to spend 36 hours at home. Lucky me. It wasn't enough time to do everything I wanted. But I did get to see a few friends (and a few babies) outside of running a dozen errands.

I miss everyone at home - perhaps because I know I'll be a long time gone this time.

I also miss some of the food. I had my fill of some things you just can't get in Taipei. Geoff and I overdid it on the bagels in Toronto - I think I had 7 bagels within a 24 hour period. I'm bagelled out now. We also went to Whole Foods in Greenlake for the Build Your Own Sandwiches.
Whole Foods Market
Roosevelt Square
1026 NE 64th St
Seattle, WA USA

This is Geoff's choosing: eggplant, basil, grilled peppers, tomato, red onions, grilled chicken, smoked mozzarella on sourdough with a sun dried tomato spread. Almost as good as my focaccia with hummus, tomatoes, mixed greens, grilled onions, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, and tomatoes.




We also went to Northlake Tavern, where the pizzas are loaded with so many toppings that a Large can weigh 6 pounds! Geoff wanted a good beer and I decided it was time to be gluttonous - American style! We stuffed ourselves silly with 4 kinds of pizzas.
Northlake Tavern
660 NE Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98105
(206) 633-5317



I also had time to go to Chocolati's to pick up some of my favorite chocolates - I like going to the warehouse store on Aurora because the woman that works there is always nice to chat with. But you can also go to the Main Library downtown, the newer location in Wallingford (near the QFC) and the old location just north of Green Lake. Thanks to Amy and Matt for introducing these chocolates to me many birthdays ago. My favorite flavors are the Cinnamon Aztec and the Mint Espresso Dome.

Chocolati

7708 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, Washington 98103
(206) 784-5212
Note: The storefront is easy to miss - it's just south of Than Brothers Pho, which has excellent Pho and free cream puffs.

I also had a good Indian lunch at Mayuri. They have a nice spread for a buffet lunch - though I prefer the dinners where you can get both North Indian and South Indian dishes.

Mayuri
15400 NE 20th St. #6
Bellevue, WA 98007
425.641.4442
Note: Next door to a Trader Joe's. Don't confuse this Mayuri with the other Mayuri locations that are a grocery store and a video store in another part of the Eastside.

Karla with Atticus who is looking much more like Peter these days. Missing: picture of Natalie with Sonja and Mike - thank you Kellens for storing my stuff! And to Emery for also taking care of some of my things.

Thanks Mia for driving down from Canada!

Angie next to Nikolas, who fell asleep in my arms

Tucker and Angie - Thank you Angie for storing my stuff and driving it all the way down to Seattle




And Thanks to all the Trouts who made it out on such short notice - it was great to see all of you.



And big THANKS to Amanda and Frenchy for housing us, lending me their car, and playing foosball and DDR with me. I hope you both make it to Taiwan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tucker - good to see you again - recognized the shirt! (

Angie... you look familiar.... have we met?

Jeff (from Singapore but met Tucker on the Blue team in Bangkok)

snowtweety said...

Looks like you had a great visit home :) I could go for a Whole Foods Sandwich and Northlake Pizza right now....Those were good. Still trying to find a calendar.

Anonymous said...

Nice sweater.