Sunday, September 16, 2007

Upcoming holiday

I went to ultimate today - tons of fun. There were twice as many people there as last time, and more women! We threw around, did some drills, and then scrimmaged for a long time. I also played with some kids, including Kolita (?), an adorable little first grader - which was just about as much fun as playing disc. We threw discs to each other and did single handed juggling, and then blew bubbles and did different styles of whistling. I miss my nieces!

Afterwards a handful of us went out to dinner to a Singapore Curry restaurant, off of Roosevelt, near Taipower Building MRT. Stanley and Christina joined us - they were the 2 Taiwanese friends of Tom that I had met the previous time. During our dinner discussion, Diana pointed out that next weekend was a long weekend and she wouldn't be at practice. Oh man, I totally forgot! Time flies. She is going to Hualian to Taroko Gorge and around. I was trying to figure out how to tag along, but even they didn't get train tickets and plan on doing the Standing Only option. That doesn't sound so exciting to me (3 hour train ride), so I'll have to figure out something else to do.

Oh, and after dinner, I was talking to Noah about ultimate I've played in Seattle. It's always hard to describe the Trouts. Uhhh, we're a competitive but not really competitive team. We mostly have a lot of fun. Turns out he knows Glenn and Lexy! They were his captains years ago when he learned how to play. How cool is that?! A bit of home for me.

No comments: