Friday, September 07, 2007

My First Earthquake

I should be asleep in bed...and I was just about to go to sleep when the floor started shaking, things in the house were rattling, and when it was over, a lone dog barked. PoPo didn't seem to think much of it, "just an earthquake". But it was my first one!

Since I should be sleeping, thanks to Peggy for being online with me for my first experience. And for tracking purposes, there's this really cool site with up to date info in case you're ever in one and want to get online and see how big it was: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww You can report on your experience of it. Mine is here.

Supposedly 6.3 and 67 miles from Taipei. Needs confirmation from a seismologist though.

OK, seriously, past 2 am now. Going to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I noticed that you linked my blog. Is it okay for me to do so to your blog?

Also, I wanted to say, I completely slept through the earthquake! I had no idea it had happened at all.

Oh, and I like to toss around too.

Jennifer