Friday, April 25, 2008

Return from China

I just got back from a trip to Beijing, Xian and Hong Kong. I'm waaaaay behind on word memorization and homework...so this will be a short entry just to say hello I'm alive and back.

I went with Geoff, Tim, Sam, Alani and Hannah. Some of my favorite kid quotes from the trip:

While driving to the Taipei airport and looking out the taxi window trying to spot Taipei 101, formerly the tallest building in the world, Lani's thought on big buildings, "It's bigger than Jesus!"

On the flight to Beijing, on a very quiet airplane, Hannah at the age of 3 hasn't quite mastered volume control yet and shouted "DADDY! I've got a snotty nose!"

And while eating a pile of mangoes on my own in the kitchen, Hannah came up to me, looked up and said, "You know, you're supposed to share mangoes with little people."

3 comments:

Mike DiGioia said...

The sharing with little people thing is true. Mugs tells me that almost every day.

Theresa said...

Share _mangoes_ with others?? What?

taohsu said...

Hannah is one clever cookie. How can you possibly resist a comment like that?