Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Best Chinese Study Method

I've just discovered the best method for studying Chinese. Get the kind of illness where you are bed ridden. Then you are forced to lay there with nothing but laptop internet access. After a while, you just can't read any more news or play any more Scrabulous...so it's down to studying Chinese. I've actually gotten a head start on the memorization for Chapter 5...instead of my perpetual being behind last minute cramming of this quarter.

So I've been on and off sick for a week with various ailments that I won't go into here. It really sucks. Yesterday I missed an alum lunch with my friend Tina (who I haven't seen since she moved back to TW) and all the new students and then Stewart and Vita's wedding. Today I'm missing disc (which is really unfortunate b/c I really need the exercise) and then a bbq at my friend FeiFei's house. These are once in a blue moon opportunities (besides playing disc)...ARG!

The upside is all this rest is getting me better. I know if I were to go out I would make everything worse. I've made that mistake before.

Oy.

In studying news, quizlet.com has added another game to their flashcard software. I stopped using it near the end of book 1 (near the time I started slacking off on my Chinese), but I've just entered in the first half of the vocab for Ch 5 in the new book (2nd edition, Book 3) and have been enjoying using it again. This time I input the regular pinyin pronunciation of the characters and then a separate set of meanings.

No comments: