Sunday, August 12, 2007

I can't wait to be Leaving Las Vegas

Christina and I got to Las Vegas, NV yesterday. I've been here once before with Rice Bowl (my all Asian ultimate team) and really hated it (except for the part of playing ultimate). But we decided that we were done with the Grand Canyon - having seen the lovely north rim and the overcrowded, over developed south rim. So we kept on driving, stopping at the Hoover Dam and jumping in Lake Mead to cool off in the 110 degree weather.

We got to the strip and it only cooled down a couple degrees at best. We drove past and visited Red Rock Canyon for a scenic drive. Our attempt at walking a trail had me running back to the car to get in some shade. The sun is brutal out here!


About a mile on Calico II, 10 on the Grand Circle - where did we go? The choice was clear - about 50 feet back to the car and some sweet air conditioning.

I also finally realized that I never bought my ticket out of here! I had only reserved it a month ago. I guess I'm not used to the nwa site - I assumed my last button click was a 'purchase'. Ugh. It was also the day that I was doing a million things (packing for the long road trip, wilderness trip, searching for flights to Taiwan, finding out visa information, etc), so I can see now why the lack of a confirmation email from nwa would have gone unnoticed.

So I just bought a new ticket out of here, leaving a bit earlier and arriving in Seattle about a day earlier than originally planned. This should give me the time to organize my life a little better to prepare for the unknown future.

2 comments:

snowtweety said...

hey lin. I fly out to SF tomorrow, will stay a week, then head to HK for a week. After that I will fly to HCMC.

Anonymous said...

I always plan my trip through United Vacations and got savvy coupons, its lovely.