Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Heading out

I'm still not done packing for my US trip, but by request, I am making a quick update to say that I am outta here for a bit. Here being Seattle. I'm off to California this afternoon, to meet Christinahead, for our quick tour of northern CA (yosemite, redwoods, tahoe, etc) and to spend some more time with my cousin Jim. Then I am off to TX for Susie's wedding in Dallas and a quick visit to my aunt in Houston. Then to NY to see family and pick blueberries in CT. Next on the itinerary is CO, to see my cousin Larry, and then do a WildernessVolunteers trip through Eagles Nest Wilderness. Christina and I are still working out the rest of the details - but currently plan on renting a car, driving through CO, UT and to Las Vegas. There's a possible extension plan to continue to the Grand Canyon and end up in LA with Farkas, but all is still unknown. After that, I am heading to MN to see my friend Kristine who is getting married. And finally, after all that, returning to Seattle.

Jun 26 - SEA to OAK, staying in Berkeley one night, then Yosemite, etc.
Jul 6 - OAK to DFW, staying in Dallas and visiting Houston
Jul 9 - DFW to LGA, hitting Flushing and going home to CT
Jul 17 - LGA to DEN, Fort Collins, Breckenridge, and western bits and beyond
Aug ?? - ?? to MSP
Aug ?? - MSP to SEA

We are currently seeking suggestions on hikes to do in Yosemite (Half Dome has already been suggested a half dozen times), other places to visit in CA (Mono Lake is on the list), and cool things to do in CO and UT (Escalante, Bryce, Zion, Arches are on the list). So comment away or email me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend the Glacier Point hike. It's tough, but the view is amazing. Granted, you can just drive to the top and get the same view. Either way, the Glacier Point Overlook is a must see.

Also: Point Reyes has some beautiful hikes. It's on the coast just north of SF. You can hike through amazing redwood forests down to the beach.
http://www.nps.gov/pore/