Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tuesday: Chinese Night

Tuesday I went to Stewart and Vita's place for a Chinese night. While Stewart was busy cooking dinner in the kitchen, I had a chat in Chinese with Vita. It was stunted as usual, but she has a forgiving ear and it was good practice. When Stewart joined us, he practiced a bit, too. He's using the same book as me and maybe twice as far along in the book - this means he has gone over a larger amount of vocabulary than me, but because he only has lessons once a week, his pronunciation isn't as consistent. It was quite a lot of fun.

We had hoped to end the night with watching a movie in Chinese with English subtitles, but procuring this type of movie in time proved more challenging than expected. So instead we watched the Fantastic Four sequel, Rise of the Silver Surfer, in English with Chinese subtitles. This was an amazingly bad movie. I highly DON'T recommend it.

No comments: