Friday, March 30, 2007

Couch Surfing

I forget if it was Luke or Ethan who first mentioned Couchsurfing to me - they had heard of it while traveling in New Zealand. Last night I just spent a lot of time exploring the site and decided to try to make use of it for my upcoming travel to Amsterdam. In all of the countries I've been to so far, I've had family or friends to stay or meet up with. This is the first part of the trip where I won't have a local to meet - this idea is the essence of couch surfing. You'll probably get more out of a visit if you can have a local perspective instead of just a tourist experience.

It also has a neat feature where it maps where you've been, where you will be going, and where you want to go. Here's my current map:



This reminds me of the map that Peter and Karla have in their rec room, but with less detail as I didn't feel like filling in every single city I'd been to.

No comments: