Monday, May 05, 2008

Hong Kong 4/23-24

I got to see my old college roommate, Hanna, again. We went to one of her favorite restaurants in her neighborhood. After a week of meat and bread in China, I was happy to gorge myself on the most mouth watering of vegetable dishes. Eggplant and "jade pieces" never tasted so good.

The next day I went out on my own to explore Hong Kong. Last time I was there, I only had time for a couple restaurants and the tournament. This time I took the day to meander around town a little. It certainly is a city of covered walkways, which is nice in its own way, but also confusing at other times (it wasn't always intuitive for me to find out where the entrances were to the walkways I could see above me).

I love the ability to check in on Hong Kong Island early in the day. For an 8 pm flight, I was able to drop my bag off at 9 am and just take a purse around town. I spent most of the day in Stanley (bus 6) enjoying the shore, watching fishermen, and ogling all the items at the grocery store that I can't find in Taipei.

No comments: