Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Return of the Sandwich Ring

I had another go at making one of my favorite recipes - the Ham Spinach Sandwich Ring. The recipe is in a previous blog post. It came out beautifully, but I didn't get a picture of it until it was nearly all gone. I brought it over to Lucas for a pre-BBQ snack. It went by in a flash - everyone liked it. It came out much better this time than last time.


Since I still can't find spinach in Taipei, I went ahead with this filling:

2/3 c chopped onion
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T olive oil
2 c chopped fresh Chinese greens (about 4 oz)
1 c chopped fully cooked black pepper ham (from Wellcome)
3 slice Provolone cheese (from Costco)
  1. Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil until tender.
  2. Add greens. Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted; cool.
  3. Stir in ham and cheese.
For the dough, I used the bread machine on the Dough setting. Unfortunately, I forgot to put in the blade. I realized it was missing after adding the yeast and flour. When the initial mixing was done, it looked very soupy. I thought there wasn't enough flour - so I added more. Then I realized the blade had flour stuck underneath and wasn't on all the way. So once it was on properly, I restarted it and it turned out fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Lin, the Ham Spinach Sandwich Ring is really good. i'm glad that i had some that night. i've heard that you lost the camera. maybe let know if you find it. keep warm and see you soon. =)

jenny

Lin said...

Hey Jenny! I found my camera. I can't find you on Facebook anymore. Why do you keep changing your name?

Anonymous said...

dear lovely, it's good to know that you found the camera. i closed the profile at the facebook because somehow i dont wanna people to find me...><""