Saturday, November 11, 2006

Feeling bored?

If you're reading this blog I'm guessing you want to know what I've been up to or you are just plain bored (or perhaps a combo). If you're in the latter group, I thought I'd feed the fire and give you more to look at. This post is sprinkled with links to other sites.

For those of you who are interested in the blog for stories about kids, This American Life has some funny ones, as suggested by my friend Peggy. It's an NPR radio show with a glimpse into Americana, far and wide. The kid related ones are "Kid Logic" and "A Little Bit of Knowledge" (use the search tool).

I recently watched this movie about 9/11. This one should keep you busy at an hour and a half in length, but I do warn you that it is quite depressing. You can search for "9 11" on google video to find it as well.

For something a little more light hearted (and much shorter) check out the Hippo and Dog shorts. I watched the first minute of The Lion Sleeps Tonight with the kids and they got a big kick out of the dancing dog. And this one embedded below I really enjoyed and it's in French...



During my travels I am planning on meeting my college friends Christina and Tuyet. We'll be touring different parts of SE Asia together, and maybe even Australia. They each have their own blogs about life in Adelaide and Ho Chi Minh City, respectively. I'm also hoping to meet my friend Angie in Thailand. You can see pictures of her teaching English to cute little thai kids and her own travels around the area.

A couple Seattle friends also have blogs. My friend Theresa is continuing her training for a half marathon and raising money for cancer research to boot. My friend Kat is actually living in San Diego now, just temporarily. Her blog seems to have a little less activity now that she's moved, but still has great pictures of all the wonderful food she's cooked.

No comments: